Friday, March 29, 2013

Update on :Charu Khandal


Dear all,

Following is a status update on behalf of Charu Khandal. We shall update you with more events / activities which we intend to do.

"Life is beautiful" is what I have always believed in. Like any other girl of my age, I also had dreams. From being the best at my workplace to being the best life partner--i wanted it all. But exactly a year ago, on March 25th, 2012, an accident left me and my dreams paralysed. In a second, my life had come to a halt. When I regained consciousness, I found myself lying in Kokilaben Hospital, paralysed from neck to toe. With almost 3 months of stay there, the hospital almost became my second home. It took me quite a lot of time to fathom that it had happened to me. That I couldn't move my body without someone else's support. I refused to believe destiny was being so harsh on me. Somewhere I felt, I will bounce back, very soon. But a year has gone by and there's almost no improvement. 

My treatment is way too expensive--from doctors' fees and tests to my physiotherapy and medicines. And seeing no improvement, doctors are now suggesting that I should go abroad for better treatment. Last year, when my well-wishers and friends (you all) volunteered to support me financially, even though I truly appreciated the gesture, I refused to take any help, thinking I will soon be back on my feet. But considering I still have a long way to go before I come back to normalcy, I would need your support to be able to continue with my medicines and treatment. It could be any amount that you willingly want to contribute. Any amount will be a huge help in my fight against this battle and most importantly, winning it.


No comments:

Post a Comment