Thursday, January 28, 2010

Roadside Romeo wins National Awards for best animation






Bollywood actor-director Jugal Hansraj, whose “Roadside Romeo” was adjudged the best animation film at the 56th National Film Awards Saturday, says producer director Aditya Chopra gave him the idea to write and direct an animation film.“I have written the story and directed the film but the idea that I should write an animation film and direct it was given to me by Adi (Aditya). He encouraged me to write and direct the animation film. He wanted to produce it,” Jugal told IANS. Jugal said he feels happy and honored to receive the award not only for himself but also for his team members.
“I am very, very happy and very, very honored. Not only for me but also for the whole team. A lot of people have spent lot of time and effort to make this film happen. The effort has been recognized so it’s a big thing for all of us,” Jugal told IANS.It is the story of a cute pet dog, Romeo, who was leading a happy life until the family decides to move. They abandon him on the mean streets of Mumbai. Romeo faces the hardship of a stray dog but with time, he adapts to the roadside life style, finds love and settles into a normal life.
Jugal has several other plots for an animation film ready and is just waiting for an opportunity to start doing a film on any one of them.“I have a few ideas in my mind but I am waiting for an opportunity. If I get the right opportunity I will make animation film on them,” he said.
For more detail go to: http//www.animationxpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment